Here Burns My Candle: A Novel
I couldna put it doon! You can almost hear the drums of war and the swish of kilts and satin. Enticing from gripping first page to satisfying last, Here Burns My Candle will sweep you away!
- Book review of Here Burns My Candle - Readers' Favorite: Book Reviews and Award Contest.
- Building Enterprise Systems with ODP: An Introduction to Open Distributed Processing.
- Networked Forces in Stability Operations 101st Airborne Division, 3 2 and 1 25 Stryker Brigades in Northern Iraq.
- About This Item.
- Central Europe and the European Union: The Meaning of Europe.
- Deleuze and Memorial Culture: Desire, Singular Memory and the Politics of Trauma.
Her attention to historical detail gives this story a life all its own, and the characters were so real I found myself thinking about them throughout the day. I simply could not put this book down. Her words give breath to this fresh twist on a beloved Old Testament story. Here Burns My Candle radiates the author's love of Scotland and its mesmeric history in this story of women bound by obligation yet tethered to devotion.
It will keep you up all night until you've turned the last dramatic page! While reading Higgs's novel, I became her noble heroine and was convicted by similarities to her antagonist, learning through it all. Come away to an enchanting glimpse of ancient Scotland and beyond. Truly amazing. Help Centre.
My Wishlist Sign In Join. Be the first to write a review. Add to Wishlist. Ships in 7 to 10 business days. Link Either by signing into your account or linking your membership details before your order is placed. Description Product Details Click on the cover image above to read some pages of this book!
Industry Reviews Praise for Here Burns My Candle "Liz Curtis Higgs has an unmatched ability to illuminate the depth of human emotions while taking her readers on a breathtaking journey through the darkness and light of another time and another place.
In Stock. The Dalai Lama's Cat.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
Angels' Blood Guild Hunter : Book 1. Greatest Salesman In The World. The Satanic Verses A Novel. Picking Up the Pieces. The Red Tent - 20th Anniversary Edition. Last Breath. Best Forgotten.
Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs - WaterBrook & Multnomah
Enticing from gripping first page to satisfying last, Here Burns My Candle will sweep you away! Her attention to historical detail gives this story a life all its own, and the characters were so real I found myself thinking about them throughout the day. I simply could not put this book down.
Her words give breath to this fresh twist on a beloved Old Testament story. Come away to an enchanting glimpse of ancient Scotland and beyond.
What is Kobo Super Points?
Truly amazing. Experience the timeless story of Ruth and Naomi, stretched across the rich tapestry of eighteenth-century Scotland to reveal a heartrending saga of love and betrayal, loss and redemption.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1?
- Here Burns My Candle Archives - Beauty for Ashes.
- Sparkimur Friends - Meet the Sparkimurs - Parent/Teacher Guide - Preschool Volume 1.
- Here Burns My Candle Archives - NovelRocket!
- Assassins Creed III Collectors Edition Strategy Guide Hardcover (Best Buy Exclusive Edition)?
- Civilization and Capitalism, 15th-18th Century, Volume I: The Structure of Everyday Life: The Limits of the Possible!
- Cosmos and Culture.
Click here to listen. A daughter who cannot escape her past.
Lady Elisabeth Kerr is a keeper of secrets. A Highlander by birth and a Lowlander by marriage, she honors the auld ways, even as doubts and fears stir deep within her. Her husband, Lord Donald, has secrets of his own, well hidden from the household, yet whispered among the town gossips. His mother, the dowager Lady Marjory, hides gold beneath her floor and guilt inside her heart.
A timeless story of love and betrayal, loss and redemption, flickering against the vivid backdrop of eighteenth-century Scotland, Here Burns My Candle illumines the dark side of human nature, even as hope, the brightest of tapers, lights the way home. She is the author of more than 30 books, with more than 4. On the personal side, Liz is married to Bill Higgs, PhD, who serves as director of operations for her speaking and writing office.